Everyone knows Sania Mirza. She is one of the best tennis players in India. In the year 2010, she married Pakistani cricketer, Shoaib Malik. She has millions of fans worldwide especially in India, UAE, and a few other countries.
- Sania Mirza started playing when she was just six-years-old. Her first coach was her father. She has bagged the Grand Slam title six times. She was formerly ranked No. 1 in the women’s doubles rankings.
- Sania Mirza became first South Asian Woman to feature as UN Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia in 2013.
- Sania Mirza is the first Indian to win a WTA title. Time magazine named her “50 heroes of Asia” in 2005. and in 2010 she was named in “33 women who made India proud” by The Economic Times.
- In the early stage of her tennis career, as a junior player, Sania Mirza won 10 Singles and 13 doubles title. She also bagged ‘Arjuna Award’ in 2004, ‘Newcommer of the Year’ in 2005, and ‘Padmashri’ in 2006. She won 27 WTA and 4 ITF doubles titles along with 1 WTA and 14 ITF singles titles.
- She won 2003 Wimbledon Championships Girl’s double title with her partner Alisa Kleybanova.
- Sania Mirza became second Indian tennis player to get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award which is country’s