The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), in collaboration with PeLocal Fintech Private Limited, has announced a convenient ticket-purchasing service for commuters via Whatsapp. This system allows commuters to get their tickets ‘in the form of QR codes’ directly through WhatsApp.
Procedure to avail this service of DMRC through Whatsapp:
- Either you can save the WhatsApp number provided by the DMRC or scan the provided QR code at customer care or ticket counters.
- Send “Hi” to the DMRC number through Whatsapp.
- You can choose your preferred language to proceed further.
- You need to select one of the following options as per the requirement – Buy Ticket, Last Journey Tickets, or Retrieve Ticket.
- Choose the ‘Source and Destination’ stations for your metro ride.
- Specify the number of tickets, confirm your selection and proceed to payment methods via a Credit Card, Debit Card, or UPI.
- After your transaction, a QR code will appear in your WhatsApp.
- Once you reach the metro station, you need to tap the QR code against the scanner at the entry and exit gates.
Use this service and make your travel hassle-free with friends, family or alone.
Managing Director of DMRC, Dr Vikash Kumar said, “The WhatsApp-based ticketing feature has started on a trial basis and is available at selected train stations for now.”
The ticket purchasing facility through WhatsApp is currently available, as a pilot project, to the Airport Express Line. The list of stations for includes in this line are New Delhi, Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kaun, Delhi Aerocity, IGI Airport, and Dwarka Sector 21.
Once this pilot project has been successful, this ticketing system will be implemented to complete the metro network. This feature will not only increase the efficiency of metros but also provide a convenient and hassle-free metro ride to travelers, especially airport passengers. Also, it will also eliminate the token system in the near future.