Chinese Teenager Dies While Unplugging Phone At Internet Cafe
An 18-year-old teenager met with an ultimate death at an Internet cafe in Wuhan, China, when he unplugged his mobile phone from a computer he was charging it on.
According to the teenager’s brother, the deceased, Xiong Xuan was a factory worker at a garment factory and a regular at the local Internet cafe.
The incident took place after Xiong had finished his shift at work. His brother, who was present at the scene, told reporters that Xiong was seated at his usual seat in the cafe and after he was done using the computer, reached to unplug the charging cable when the freak accident happened.
Older Xiong said: “He let out a shout when he pulled on the cable and then his foot made contact with the steel legs of the table.”
He also recalled how his brother started foaming at the mouth and had fainted, but no one at the Internet cafe came to his aid.
“He was obviously hurt, but none of the staff helped,” he told local reporters.
After 20 minutes, Xiong was pronounced dead by the doctors. The official cause of death was electrical injury.
The license of the Internet cafe has been suspended, while investigations on the accident are underway, reported Hubei’s Chutian News.